Thursday, August 30, 2012

Promised to bring smiles!!!



Grandma's Chocolate Chip Cookies

Did your child have a bad day? Rotten teacher or mean friends? Kids can be unruly. One thing that always cheers my kids up (even my husband!) is Grandma H.'s chocolate chip cookies. I never had luck with chocolate cookies until I married my husband and my sweet mother-in-law shared this recipe with me. They are amazing! They are great fresh or even frozen. The recipe is super easy; if I can make them, you can too! My mother-in-law had nine children and now has 42 grandchildren, 29 great-grandchildren and 4 more on the way!  Needless to say she has made a few batches of cookies in her 75 years of living! We love her and are so grateful for her!

Grandma's Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 Cup Butter
1 Cup Shortening
1 1/2 Cups Sugar
1 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
2 tsp Vanilla
4 Eggs
2 tsp Salt
2 tsp Baking Soda
5 Cups of Flour
3 Cups Chocolate Chips

Mix together in order then bake at 375 degrees for 9 minutes and Enjoy! Promised to bring smiles!

     Also, October 1st, the day Younique is launching is getting closer and closer!!!  Today on Facebook, a bunch of names that people submitted for their Mood Struck mineral natural pigment eyeshadow powders were posted.  Some of my favorites names are  are:   CURIOUS, SEXY, SASSY, FLIRTY, PLAYFUL, AWESTRUCK, EMPOWERED, DIGNIFIED, GORGEOUS, DARING, FEISTY, CONFIDENT, and DEVIOUS.  So fun, huh?  I can't wait to get my hands on these fun colors!  I sometimes get in a rut with my make-up, get lazy about putting it on everyday, especially if I am not going anywhere but I always feel so much better when I take the time to put it on!  It makes my day a whole lot better.  I was talking to a friend the other day and her mother is in her eighties or early nineties.  She can't really do much but if someone is coming over to visit her or even the repair man, she has to put her make-up on.  I think that is wonderful that even at her age, she still cares to look her best!  That is totally going to be me.  Nails painted too.  By that time I will probably have to have someone else paint them for me because I will be too shaky.  Hopefully they will last more than a day because I won't have any diapers to change or papers to sign or need to get into my purse to get the keys to take kids somewhere!  But, I hear all the time that I am going to miss all the chaos and noise so I am trying to enjoy every minute.  Sometimes that is a challenge! 
     Speaking of nail polish, Younique also posted today on FB for anyone who would like to pick their five favorite out of several colors.  It was such a hard choice because I loved them all!  Can't wait to get my hands on them too!  Can you tell I am just a little excited?  Yep, I am!  You should be too! 


No comments:

Post a Comment