Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Potty Princess Party!

My daughter Janessa is the most AMAZING 18 year old ever. She is the most mature, unselfish person I know. More so than many adults I know! I have been dragging my feet with potty training my 7th child, Lilly. Janessa got the ball rolling with planning a potty princess party! She set out presents the night before and decorated the bathroom. Janessa anxiously waited for Lilly to wake up and ran in her room the second she heard her. She gave her her first gift... a crown and some noise makers for the three of us to blow when she went potty! Then she got to put stickers on her chart that were little paper toilets. We did all this for about $15, money well spent because after today, no more diapers!!!

Do you know any other 18 year olds that would do all this to help their mom? It puts to shame what I have done with the other kids to potty train them! We live and learn, right? I am so grateful for Janessa and her example. I don't know what I would do with out her. She is an angel sent from above and I can't believe I get the opportunity of being her mom. Anyhow, I thought I would share these ideas in case there are other moms out there in need of some ideas to make it fun and successful. Best of Luck!




Putting little paper toilets on
each time she went potty!






Lilly's presents included treats, big girl pants,
and a baby that she gets to open when she has
kept her big girls pants dry all day!








Lilly, the sleepy Potty Princess, with her
 crown and noise makers, 
all ready for the Potty Party! 
I pointed to this on the mirror and told Lilly
it was her name.  She kept pointing at it and
saying, "my Lilly" with a big smile! 








Janessa is a CNA so she is very good about
teaching the proper handwashing techniques!
    
Stickers to put on her chart
after she goes potty!  She loved
doing this!
Lilly having breakfast watching Elmo
potty videos.  She loves Elmo! 
    
The big girl washing
her hands after she goes potty!  





Lilly making noise because she
is becoming a big girl!



     A big shout out to those who are already followers on my blog.  Hugs and kisses!  Thank you, thank you, thank you!  I can't tell you how much I appreciate it.  I hope you enjoy as I talk about real life and finding joy in motherhood.   

     Now that September is here, guess what that means?  Younique is launching next month!  It will be here so soon!  The first few months the products sold are the ones that were chosen by the  focus group that was held  back in August.  After that, it will be open to the public about what products Younique sells!  Get those wheels turning!  First of all, you become a Presenter which is like a consultant.  Next, you submit your product ideas.  Then, people will vote on what they want Younique to sell!  This will be done by Facebook, Twitter and other social media.  Those whose products are chosen will then get royalities on those products!  It is going to be awesome, just like the voting on So You Think You Can Dance or American Idol.  Get the ideas flowing!  You have less than a month to submit your product ideas!  











Days until Younique launches:  27 !!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment