Monday, June 24, 2013

Lake Powell Victim Valerie Bradshaw

I was the assistant cheer advisor at Alta years ago.  I had the opportunity to be the advisor to 36 amazing girls, two of which were the Bradshaw twins, Valerie and Melanie.  My maiden name was Bradshaw and we weren't related to my knowledge but we pretended we were.  They were the type of girls that you would love to be related to or call your friends.  Val and Melanie were known for their amazing smiles.  They were identical and hard to tell apart for me.  They had great attitudes and were very pleasant to work with.  They were sweet and never gave us any grief whatsoever.  I love their relationship as well.  It was one that every set of twin sisters would LOVE to have.

This past week, on June 20th, 13 people were on a speed boat.  All the children had life jackets on.  The driver was Adrian Jackman and was possibly distracted by the kids in the boat and hit a houseboat.  His wife was immediately killed and two women were missing.  29 year old Valerie Bradshaw and Adrian's daughter Jessica, 22.  Just last night on June 23rd they finally recovered Valerie's body in 380 feet of water.  It took a few days because divers can't go that deep.  I hope and pray that they find Jessica's body soon too.  Valerie was the girlfriend of Adrian's son Matt.  My heart truly aches for him.  He lost his mother, sister and girlfriend all in the same moment in time.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/22/adrian-jackman-boat-crash_n_3482679.html

http://www.ibtimes.com/boating-accident-lake-powell-valerie-bradshaw-found-search-continues-missing-jessica-jackman-photos

Valerie was a returned missionary and had served faithfully in Italy.  She was attending BYU and was so excited for her sister Melanie who is married because she is pregnant with her first baby.  I chose this picture of Valerie because it seems to me like she is looking up to heaven and smiling.  She loved Lake Powell, her family, the gospel and life.  I will never, ever forget her smile or sweet example.  She is going to be missed by all who knew her.


I am hosting a Younique Virtual Party in honor of sweet Valerie.  100% of the proceeds will be donated to her family to help with funeral costs.  If you would like to make a purchase and help this family, here it the link to do so.  Thank you so much for your love and support!  


WE LOVE YOU VALERIE!!! WE WILL MISS YOU!!!  WE KNOW THAT YOU ARE CHEERING IN HEAVEN AND SMILING DOWN ON US.  YOU ARE TRULY AN ANGEL AND WE ARE ALL BETTER PEOPLE FOR KNOWING YOU!  


My Younique news of the week!  

The Presenter kit for this month is UNBELIEVABLE!!!  

It is only $99 and comes with over $400 worth of product!  In July it is going to go up to $129.00.  


I saw the Presenter count hit 1114 today!  How cool is that?  It is so fun to be a part of such a fast growing company!  It has changed my life!  I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to be a part of Younique.  

I also had another cute team member join the Younique First Ladies!  Her name is Jessica Fisher!  She is a doll.  She lived in Europe for 4 years...two in England and two in Italy.  She was in the service.  She has a darling little baby named Logan who I believe is around five months.  Her hubby just got home last Sat.  from being deployed for almost a year. I am so happy for her.  When I met her, she had already heard about Younique because she had tried the 3D Fiber Lashes!  She is going to make her Younique business a great success, I just know it!  It is an honor to have her on my team!  






                             Cute Lil' Logan!   

No comments:

Post a Comment